Sometimes the connections that once gave us so much freedom and flexibility become the bonds that hold us back and weigh us down. The more interconnected the world becomes, the more at risk we all become to various threats. Network security threats like malware and data breaches have become the latest hazard to consistent performance and productivity. Sometimes the disruption to your day-to-day operations is more devastating than the data they steal or compromise. This makes it even more essential to protect yourself and your company from intrusion.
What Are Growing Network Threat Trends You Should Be Aware Of?
When you are encountering a new hazard or hurdle, the best thing to do is become informed. Knowledge is a powerful weapon to wield and making informed decisions is the best position for your business.
- Multiple Forms Of Ransomware
- Ransomware is one of the fastest growing threats to networks worldwide. Industries that deal in sensitive big data will find themselves targeted for this type of blackmail attack. This is a type of attack where malware will take advantage of a vulnerability to take over a portion of your systems and lock you out of it or encrypt the data so that you cannot access it. Then, the perpetrator will demand a ransom for unlocking your operating system.
- Long-Term Extortion
- Another form of ransomware that some do not think about. Once a weak point has been exploited, it can often be hard to close back up. This digital screen door will offer little protection from repeat attacks, and you could find yourself the victim of repeated attempts of ransomware. This creates an atmosphere of fear where companies with fewer resources feel like they are just better off paying the ransom demands.
- Malware In Mobile Devices
- There was a time where we only to had to worry about the hardware and software in our PCs and laptops. Today, we need to be concerned about anything with a wireless network connection. Many of us use our smartphones for banking, shopping, and money management. As the market begins to move further onto smartphones, so will the hackers and malicious software. Hackers will use creative means to get users to download tailored applications to create holes in their security posture.
- Artificial Intelligence Tools
- You might have been safe a handful of years ago with multiple types of firewalls and professional network firewall security, but today the hackers have the same tools as we do. There is an increasing trend across multiple industries to rely on artificial intelligence tools to protect their systems and even run their operations. Hackers can now use similar tools to look for weaknesses in your precautions and upgrade their older tactics. This is an area where you will need third-party vendors or managed service providers who are experts in preventing practices like this.
Network Security Risk Management
Risk management is about more than just installing security measures and crossing our fingers that nothing makes it through. This type of network security management means a continual process of assessing the risks you are facing and adjusting our safety measures to accommodate for them. This is the type of service that you will only find with a managed service provider like Willow Bend Systems. We can monitor network traffic for unusual activity from computer viruses.
Our services can defend the continuity of your company with disaster recovery strategies so that even if your systems are invaded, your data will be safe and accessible. We can help your business by allowing features like remote access without putting you at any extra risk of intrusion. We don’t want technology and connections to weigh you down. We will work to make your technology the rocket fuel behind your success and the longevity of your business. To learn more about what we have to offer, contact Willow Bend Systems today.